I'm sorry to be blogging this for you, but in all honesty, I'm on vacation in Newport with Kyle, and that last thing I want to do is call and text you all back to talk about the accident (no offense, I do love you all). So here's the run down. I was on my way to Issaquah from Prosser, I was headed there to hit up the rack with a friend and then grab dinner with all my co-workers from last summer, and catch my flight in the morning. I stopped in North Bend at the Nike Outlet to buy a white shirt (I need one to play tennis at the International Hall of Fame this week, and I wanted a real good one). I talked to my boyfriend as a I got into the car, and told him I would call him when I got to Issaquah, it's a 15 minute drive from North Bend. I was merging onto the freeway and as most people do I put on my left blinker. I was behind a semi, who was driving awfully slow due to the short on ramp so I left my signal on, checked the rear view mirror and my blind spot to move into the middle lane (3 lane highway). There was a white car in the fast lane, and no one in my lane so I began to move over. The semi that was behind me sped up, he assumed I would move in to the middle lane. As I began moving into the middle lane, the person in the white car passed me and then proceeded to move into my lane at the same time I was, I must have been in his blind spot. I hit my breaks and swerved back to the slow lane to avoid hitting the kind person who cut me off. And unfortunately the gentleman driving the semi behind me could not slow down, and rear ended me at approximately 60 mph. It was freaking scary to look in my rear view and see a semi truck in my back seat.
Several witnesses pulled over and stayed to give statements. The accident was not my fault and I was not ticketed. It's unsure if the semi was following me too closely, but obviously the majority of the blame was on the white car (who did not stop by the way, asshole). I was backboarded at the scene and taken to Overlake hospital with suspected neck, back and head injury. X-rays showed muscle swelling, but no broken bones, thank goodness.
So to answer the bulk of the questions I've had: the accident was not my fault, the truck driver was insured, the truck driver was not hurt, I'm experiencing some neck pain but mostly pain in my arms, the car is totaled, and duh I've already been looking at new cars.
And for the record, my car kicked ass. The trunk was smashed but the frame withstood the semi and kept my back seat intact, if I had passengers back there they would have been okay. Even cooler, all the luggage in my trunk was fine. The seat belt kept me from hitting my head on the steering wheel and no air bags were deployed. Mazda 3....consider it.
Hope all are safe and well, and thank God for another day!
The back seat post crash. I'll miss you baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment