Step Mamma Tribulations
If she wasn't this happy when she is staying with us, I'd probably lose it entirely. It's those giggles and smiles that get me through another struggly day in the life of step-mama. It's like this awkward tug of war of being "too involved," or "not involved enough." Days like this make me feel like I'm "too involved." But I seriously can not help but care about this kiddo who lives at my house half time, that I clothe, that I bathe, that I cook for, that I hold, that I kiss owies for, that I read endless bed time stories too. I can't help that my mind is racing today when the day care says "Did something happen at home recently? She's been unusually defiant today and we had to move her down an age group. We just want to check in." How to respond, "Uhhh, I'm not sure she's been at her Mom's house the past two days..." Am I feeling the crappy parent alert much? I have no idea what's going on and there's nothing I can do. Add to it was one of those nights when her mom isn't at her apartment to meet us for drop off. Great....add anxious and screaming to defiant. I just keep praying that this gets better with time. It has to. Giggles and smiles, giggles and smiles!
No comments:
Post a Comment