The Silver Day
Today is January 16th, of 2013, or better known in my family as my parents wedding anniversary. This year marks 25 years of a happy and solid marriage. I've never seen any other marriage that is as beautiful and committed as theirs is. In fact, I've never even heard of one. I didn't realize while growing up how lucky I was, to have parents who never fought, who weren't drunk or high or getting in trouble with the law, who always were at my sporting events, who supported me together, who held me to an incredible high standard of ethic and integrity, and who at times made me angry because they never wavered on each others decisions. With a fiance of my own and a kiddo running around our house, I understand a little more these days how hard it must have been for them to always have each others back, and to love each other as madly as they do. My hats off to them, the story book love birds, because 25 years truly is something special. I love you both.
No comments:
Post a Comment