Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day One Hundred and Ninety Five

Girls Day


Today the boys were playing a double header in Cedar Rapids to make up a previous rain out. So Ree and I loaded up and hit the road about an hour before they were set to leave with a simple mission in mind: shopping in civilization, Froyo and watch baseball with Tori! The drive with Ree to Cedar Rapids is about an hour and forty five minutes, each one well spent. I absolutely love this girl, she's from Atlanta and is incredibly down to Earth. We shamelessly shop at Good Will together, call around town for the cheapest place to get our oil changed, hunt for jobs, research fun 5k's to attend and clip coupons for our groceries. Her boyfriend was a first round pick three years ago, and shares the outfield with Kyle. Chevez and Ree have quickly become one of our favorite couples to spend time with. We shopped, I got Cranium and a brand new striped shirt from Good Will, and Ree got Chevy a book for the road trips. I unfortunately did not find a much needed new purse. We found FroYo, after lots of hunting, and enjoyed our much anticipated frozen treats. (There is no FroYo in Burlington. Pure evil!) Then we headed over to Veteran's Memorial Field, home to the Angels A team for the past twenty years prior to this season. And all I can say is boy are we missing out here in Burlington. The stadium is gorgeous, the food selection is unreal, the fans are chipper and I was in heaven! The team is now home to the Twin's affiliate when the board of directors decided they wanted a MidWest affiliate at the field to try and boost attendance. Chevy's host family from last year informed us that the attendance has actually decreased with out the Angel's presence! We found Tori, a pitchers girlfriend whose finishing finals in Iowa City, and enjoyed a baseball game while talking the minor league baseball life. What a life it is, and what a pleasure to share it with such amazing women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...