Who woulda guessed that the trickiest part of the wedding planning has been the invitations?!! Yea, seriously. Before I moved to Iowa to join Kyle, I literally put in my two weeks notice at work and took off. Spur-of-the-moment-chase-your-dreams-and-be-with-the-one-you-love style. And honestly, this lifestyle has been the best thing I've ever done for myself and my husband to be. It's been better than I could have imagined.
But I couldn't order the invites before I left or I would be faced with having to pack them into my luggage with the Save the Dates. So not worth an over weight bag fee, or so I thought. I was also trying to pack our 1400 sq foot home into storage alone while working 60 hour weeks and I wasn't positive on our wedding colors because I was suffering from a whole lotta "I don't really care." Did I mention I was trying to pack our 1400 sq foot home into storage alone while working 60 hour weeks?! Things were crazy.
Once I was settled in Iowa I managed to send out our Save the Dates. I then started hunting around for the perfect invites that wouldn't blow my budget. Thank you Etsy! With the help of my sister in law, I found invites and ordered them. And a really cute return stamp so I didn't have to hand write so much. My best guess is that hand stamp is lying in a landfill in some desolate corner of Iowa. It never made it to us before we were traded and left town to join the Mets. (MiLB lesson 329: Baseball players can do extra ordinary things. At a baseball field. Forwarding mail is something that they don't do so well).
I caught the printer of the invites right before she shipped them and gave her our new Savannah address. And then we were promoted, and moving on to Port St. Lucie. Again, I contacted the shipper and prayed to the gods of baseball and all goodness that it wasn't too late to update my address for the third time. I caught her on her way to the post office. With little time left to get the invites out to our guests, my sister in law volunteered to handle sending them. The little pains...errr invites, finally found their way to good ol' Portland where they're being addressed tonight! Hallelujah!

No comments:
Post a Comment