Florida Move in Day!
(Note: Move in days lose their luster after the third time in three months).
So here's the down low on the new casa. I posted an add on Craigslist on the drive down to Port St. Lucie from Savannah. This was at the advice of several lovely gals in the online MiLB Wives & Girlfriends support group. (Yea, get your giggle on, but it's been a fantastic resource). The group has several cool resources that women across the nation have created together, one being a document that lists popular housing for each team at each of it's levels. Only bummer? The Met's section is bare bones compared to the Angel's section and there were no recommendations from other wifies for Port St. Lucie. Sigh. Some women in the group swear by Craigslist alone, and say they've always been able to find a reasonable room to rent in a home or a "host family." Left with little other choices, I posted the advert and received three replies in less than twelve hours. I was pleasantly surprised. I picked my favorite response during Kyle's first game, and afterwards we went to look at it. An older gentleman, Alan, was looking for someone to pet sit his dogs while he was out of town resolving some personal matters. His trip is in early August, but he wanted someone to stay before hand to get to know the doggies. They're sweet, cheeky little things. The house is spacious and comes with all the amenities that are hard to travel with, like a washer and dryer, a vacuum cleaner and pots and pans. And a cool guy who gave me his office for my work and renamed his wireless network "Alan & Sue," before I moved in.

No comments:
Post a Comment