Friday, July 26, 2013

Day Two Hundred and Sixty One

A Day in the Wife Life

When your car battery dies, in a town you've never been in before, while your fiance is stuck with the team in a rain out, your problem solving skills jump into action. That's baseball wife life, every day, but thank gosh for us it's not a broken car every day. Point being: it's not as glamorous or easy as it may appear.

Our little jeepy has been with us all through college, and professional baseball. It's been from Seattle, to Coeur d'Alene, to Portland, to Las Vegas, to Tempe, to Iowa, to Chicago, to Chattanooga, to Nashville, to Savannah, to Orlando, to Port St. Lucie. And in Daytona Beach, Florida, it said "enough."

I can't really blame the fella. I knew this was coming, it died on me several times in Savannah but I was able to keep it rolling long enough to get it started again. (Man-stuff, I know). We've been having battery issues with it as long as I can recall. During college I helped Kyle jump it many a time, and after one time too many, I helped him push it into the parking lot of O'Rileys. We bought a battery with an extended warranty, figuring it was the best move. It was. For the Pacific Northwest. There aren't any O'Riley's in Florida. So after THREE different jumps from Kendall (thank gosh for her), we made it to NAPA. Kyle is not a fan of NAPA, but it just so happens to be my favorite auto parts store. Since I was the current custodial parent for the jeep, NAPA it was! My sinking suspicion was that the alternator was failing, which would require a longer stay in a shop than a battery swap. Not ideal for a traveling gal. Thankfully, and yes I say thankfully because every car needs upkeep, all that was needed was a new battery. The terminals needed replaced at a nearby shop, but I was back on the road less than two hundred bucks and two hours later. Oh and a taco salad, Kendall and I were clearly not going to wait around for that forty five minute fix. We ate at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill and were oh so impressed with steak and bacon taco salad, hold the cheese and dressing! Nummy.

But the jeep was ready to rock as soon as we were finished. Yahoo! This is what Kyle and I get for talking about selling the darn thing while driving around in it! How rude of us.  

After the small fixes, it was smooth sailing over to Lakeland, Florida where the team was headed for the next series. I decided to tag along after all the rain outs, now that is a true perk of my lifestyle. As long as I have internet, I can work from anywhere! 

I had so much fun with you Kendall! I love you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...