Today when Kyle and I got home from the field he rifled through his team bag and pulled out a baseball. He handed if to me and said, "this one is for us, put it somewhere safe." Hmmm. As I turned the ball over in my palm, I realized the ball was autographed. By big leaguer Lucas Duda.
Lucas came down to the Mets to rehab and took to Kyle right away. After only two days, he was teaching Kyle a new swing and new tricks. But best of all, in my opinion, Lucas gave Kyle an incredible amount of positive feedback and told him he has every quality to make it to the bigs. That's a special kind of support and encouragement that I could never provide my fiancé, and I couldn't be more appreciative of Luke.
His ball is now nicely packed into my carry on for my flight back to the Pacific Northwest in less than a month. It's snuggled right up next to my ball from my first pitch at a professional baseball game. (Which also happened to be my first pitch ever, no biggie). I can't wait for them both to adorn our future trophy room.

No comments:
Post a Comment