Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day Three Hundred and Fifty Two

What a day.

This morning my dear friend Kendall sent me a link for the Professional Athletes Outreach MLB conference in Miami. I glanced at it, and rolled over and went back to sleep for awhile. (She's 3 hours ahead of me and I stink at remembering to silence my phone). I mentioned it to Kyle as we drove to Kootenai Coffee. We dreamed about it. Neither of us had any cons to lay on the table so the conversation about the conference began to take hold. It's a Christian based conference that helps professional baseball players, coaches, chaplins and their spouses to strengthening their marriage, implent constructive parenting and financial planning for the pro athlete life style. 

At Kootenai Coffee we met with our friend and financial advisor, Hugh. We talked finances, future and goals before he finalized the papers for two separate one million dollar life insurance policies, two exciting investments and two trust funds for Addie. One, I like wearing pants and taking care of my own business. Two, can you totally tell we're going to Mexico in four days?! 

Fast forward through work, WOD and Cabellas. I got home and began signing us up for the conference while discussing travel details with Kendall. Kyle had told me earlier in the day that he was in the process of registering us for a similar event at the Coeur d'Alene resort. So I thought what the heck! Miami would be a little more exciting right? Baseball based and friends from across the nation? Sold. I took it up on myself to make the leap. Thankfully, Kyle walked in the door and said, "Babe, I've been thinking all day....let's register for Miami." Double sold. We can't wait!

PS: Hump day perk, I made it home before dark to enjoy a deck view before the sun slipped away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...