The great housing folly finally came to a close. Okay, it wasn't great, or really concerning, it just felt like it should be dramatic. But I felt unusually calm when I found out two days before our arrival in Florida, that the home we were going to stay at would not be available. Just by sheer dumb luck, the owner of the house had to return to Switzerland for a family emergency and put closing the house on the back burner. Bringing us to the now, with a house half sold. Not ideal. In a grandiose minor league baseball move, I instantly resorted to Craigslist. My strategy was a bit different this time than it had been in the past. Usually I scroll the temporary rentals and desperately (quite possibly, unfairly) pray that there's something, anything, that we could use. This time, I posted an advert introducing ourselves and what we would be able to pay in rent, and faithfully prayed it would work out. I felt calm, and collected, and confident He would sort this out. So I went back to enjoying my cross country vacation. Then He totally did sort it out. I had three excellent offers in 48 hours and this is the darling gem we picked. Another day in the minors down.

No comments:
Post a Comment