Sunday, April 27, 2014

Second Season: Day 73

It's been a challenge to fight the urges to stay home on the nights I know Kyle won't be playing. We still have five outfielders on the roster and the boys are on an even rotation through the outfield. Tonight was one of those nights where Kyle knew he would not be in the game, so I didn't get ready to go to the field to face the cold tonight. To clarify, "getting ready to go to the field," means layering leggings, wool socks, boots, jeans, scarves, sweatshirts, gortex gloves, and jackets galore. I started to listen to the game while I lounged on the couch, and was satisfied for about a whole seven minutes. I quickly layered up and headed to the game to root on our boys! Thank gosh I did. The game went into extra innings and in the bottom of the 10th, Kyle was called in to pinch hit for one his teammates. His coach initially signaled him to bunt, then signed him to swing away. He did his job with a sac fly to center to bring in the walk off RBI! My hubby swings the bat a little heavier than before with his newly acquired twenty pounds, and it's fun to watch. We celebrated at Amici's with so delicious pizza that reminds us of our favorite pizza place, Fire, from back home. Feeling so blessed today.

Here's an article from local press, which also features Cory who finally broke out of his early season slump! Yippy, he holds a special place in our hearts. It was a good day for the B-Mets!


 

Photo credit to the Binghamton Mets. Facebook and Instagram friends, there's a video of Kyle's AB on both of my profiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...