Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Second Season: Day 133

Chore-galore-day in New York. I woke up bright and early to discover that the web based program I use for work was out of commission today. Ughhh, that left errands and chores to complete if I wanted to feel any sense of productivity at the end of the today. But you all know how I feel about errands. I managed to purchase gifts and ship gifts for FOUR of the five weddings we are missing this summer. I also sent our sweet friend Adam his birthday gift, mailed off thank you cards, finished oodles of laundry, hunted for babysitting gigs, did some much needed grocery shopping, paid bills and completed a foreboding task I've put off since moving to New York: taking the cans and bottles in to the recycling center. That's a thing in New York. People save all their bottles and cans, and take them to the recycling center for money back. Remember Sandlot? 


Here's the huge bag of bottles and cans in my car. I cleaned the car after this by the way.


The inside of Binghamton's renowned recycling center, The Can Man. Inside The Can Man, customers wait in a line with their bags and boxes of cans. When you're up, one of these nice guys takes all of your cans and bottles and empties them into a wooden trough. They quickly, impressively quickly, sort through and count the number of bottles and cans you brought in. They write it down on a receipt that they hand to you, and you take it to the cashier for your pay out.


Some people use their bottle and can rebates to buy Can Man souvenirs. I wasn't really ready for that kind of commitment today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...