My day today revolved around the Ironman race in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Ironman is a 140.6 mile long race that happened two time zones away from me. One of our best friends, Alex, was competing in the race today, which meant I was tracking his progress and watching the live feeds of the race on my phone and laptop. I may or may not have watched him enter the water for the 2.4 mile swim and then transition to the 112 mile bike ride from my seat in the middle of Johnson City's First Baptist morning service. Thank you God for iPhones. After church I went home to check in on the race standings using my laptop and was so pumped to receive several videos of Alex's progress from our sweet friend, Casey. Since all was well, and Alex had 112 miles to knock out on the bike, I went over to BBQ and swim with the family I babysit for down the road! I took a fellow baseball wife with me, and afterwards we ran to Dick's for to look for a new pair of running shorts and running shoes. Ironic that this would happen on Ironman day. When she sadly discovered they didn't stock the shoes she wanted in her size, we left and I dropped her off at her apartment down town. Then I raced home to watch Alex cross the finish line just a bit after 14 hours since he started. We're so stinking proud of you Alex, way to go Ironman!
In baseball news, Kyle is expected to play more often after today. Expect to see him out in right field more often too! Today is also the last day to vote for him for the Eastern League All Star game so don't forget to cast your votes!

No comments:
Post a Comment