The boys made it home at 8:30 am this morning after their big win last night. Yes, you read that correctly, 8:30 am!! The road trip from Richmond itself is six hours, but throw in a broken down bus and we're talking one long sleepless night for the guys.
The boys spent most of the day sleeping. I spent a good portion of the day at Starbucks working, since my living room/office was home to two fellas when I woke up. (That's another unpleasant thing about getting in mid morning. You can't get a hotel room for a decent price, and if your lease expired at the end of August then you're not only tired, but homeless. Hey, it's the minors!)
As the evening set in, Kyle and I, and our friends Greg, Brandon and Jayce headed over to Tom and Sharon's home for dinner. How sweet are they for hosting us and feeding us during this hectic time of the season?! We love hanging with them, Tom has been the chaplain for the team for over 12 years!
When we came home from dinner, I couldn't help but snap this photo of the guys staying in the living room. It sums up the minors perfectly. A couch and a cot, luggage, Gatorade and most importantly, laughter. It's all good.

No comments:
Post a Comment