Okay, here's the dealio. We move, A TON.
And we leave bags upon bags of stuff in a storage unit when my parents have a perfectly ginormous (zombie Apocalypse readied) barn in Prosser.
My goal in the next few weeks is to really sort all of our belongings, including Kyle's bags which I normally refuse to open, to determine what goes to storage in Prosser, what is being donated and what is going to continue traveling with us. I started on that mess today.
When my mom dropped me off at the airport almost two years ago for my first season traveling with Kyle, she helped me drag my luggage into the airport and said with a momma-wisdom-filled grin, "I think you'll find this lifestyle will be ideal for you when you can fit all of your things in one bag."
Boom. Moms' know best, right?
It's a total self pleasing work in progress. When I'm giving the things away, I worry I'll need them. Once their gone, I'm relieved. It's strange how owning less goes against my subconscious materialistic grains. Thank you American culture for my inner discomfort about practical living, but life does not consist in an abundance of possessions. (This challenge continues to grow and stretch me!)
Luke 12:15-21
And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’ “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’ “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”
PS: How cute is Georgia? I seriously want to doggie-nap her. She reminds me of my childhood blue heeler pups that I adored so much, Polly and Dumas! I was lucky enough to snuggle with her for the entire Cougar football game tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment