Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week Ten

Guess what folks? We're at TEN weeks today! That means, in the baseball world, we're standing on first and we're a quarter of the way through this shabang...I mean pregnancy thing!


Mom is in love with Jamba Juice, doritos, goldfish, and pepperoni. (I know, I know, this is hard to believe....do you remember how my stomach swelled up after the wedding when I quit paleo for the first time in eight months? Well I feel like that's happening again with all this yuck. Bread and I really, really, really don't get along and it shows. Eeeep).

So what else was happening this week while sweet baby J was growing from a green olive to a kumquat? Here's the scoop, because growing this baby puts nothing on hold. Addie had her soccer camp on Saturday, and she even let Dad and I practice passing and shooting with her before camp started. 

 

On Sunday, we finally took down our Christmas tree. I heard that February 8th is the best day of the year to take down a Christmas tree, so no judging. Hehe. The real truth of the matter is my husband was gone all of January, and between throwing up and stuffing my head in take out Chinese boxes after work...I had no time to debunk the old spruce.

Dad is getting excited. He was excited from the get go, which I guess is a given since this whole baby thing was his idea. But how cute is this?! Seriously! I send him to the store with a list and then a couple odds and ends, and the next text I get from his of baby supplies on the opposite side of the store. He really is the most awesome Dad around.


And before I forget, Addie and Daddy like to take turns checking in with Baby J in the evenings. Addie says, "It's time to talk to the baby!" and "I hear it's heart beat it sounds like, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP." Daddy says, "I wouldn't be mad if you were a boy, but mostly I want you to be strong and healthy!" They crack me up!


This week is Respect Week for Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month. I've been working on something super cool with a local high school, Lake City High School. More to come on that with in the next two weeks, but today, I was there at lunch time to pass out information and resources to the students. My husband is a proud alumni, and upon hearing that I would be there he swung on by and helped himself to a hot lunch and helped with passing out information to the students. How cool is he? 


Tonight, this little monkey was full of funniness about her Valentines Day party. She picked out her very own Valentines card earlier this week, Hello Kitty with Starbursts...not bad choices I dare say! When I picked her up at school today she immediately said, "when we get home tonight, We NEED to write my Valentine's Day cards and attach the candies for my friends. This is very important, we can NOT forget, because tomorrow ((her Valentine's Day party)) is the most important day of my life!" Oh, to be 5 again! On the bright side, her teacher thought she would get bored writing her name 18 times tonight....instead, Adelyn happily wrote her name 36 times...on both the 'to,' and 'from,' sections of each card. She's the bomb!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...