Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Week Twelve

Hello friends! Sorry for the delay in this post, boy have I been busy. And tired. Lots of tired. 

Work is kicking my behind in all sorts of good ways. After several additional meetings with the CDA school district, the Stand Up Speak Up committee and my favorite principal in all of Coeur d'Alene, I'm so excited to share that we have booked two Lake City staff members to become Green Dot trained in Kentucky this month. I tell you what, booking hotels and flights with in the financial confines of a grant is kind of scary. But when we're launching with the freshmen mentors in August, I'll be one happy camper. (Yes, oh yes, I plan to work through August and right up until sweet Baby J decides to join us. Did I mention I have an amazing boss? After sweet Baby J's arrival it wasn't even a question to approve that I take as much time as I would like, I'm thinking 8-10 weeks right now, and then return to work on a part time schedule if I would like to. Oh and did I mention I have an amazing boss?) Next up for work is our Stop Violence Breakfast in a few weeks, where I'll be sharing Green Dot core concepts with our community attendees. Whoop! 

A poster from some of the awesome students at Lakeland High School.


On Saturday Adelyn had her very last soccer camp of this session. She's becoming quite the little soccer player, and it's a little more fun for us grown ups, now that we've announced Baby J's arrival, to chat with folks while we watch the little ones run around. Soccer camp is all sorts of awesome. 


After camp we were off to the farm! Great Gran, Grandpa, Grandma and Auntie were dying to see their Addie bug, Kyle and rub on sweet Baby J. They are the best around. Kyle was finally gifted his birthday present, only a little late because it had to be in person, of a brand spanking new heifer. She's about to have her first babe any day. My hubs is officially a farmer, well sorta! 

 



 

 And we were super lucky that Auntie Zoe was working hard at the Princess Theatre. She gave us a tour of the stage between performances and even took Adelyn back stage to meeting the actors. Lucky ducky! 

 

We came home Sunday afternoon, and Addie introduced her brand new soccer goal to our neighbor friends. On Valentine's Day she had called up Grandpa to ask if he could craft her her very own soccer goal, and he sure did. The kids in the neighborhood are getting a huge kick out of using it. Thank you Grandpa!!!


 

Monday afternoon was a little rough, Kyle had some dental work done before Spring Training. I'm so proud of him, he's working to get his teeth into tip top shape this season so he can get braces this Fall or next Spring. He had several procedures that he could have easily spread out over the summer but instead opted to have them all done at once! Talk about bravery. Hence our quiet Monday evening date with Caruso's mac and cheese and Jamba Juice.

The remainder of the week was relatively quiet, Kyle and Addie had fun doing more experiments and I enjoyed a girls night out with the fun and ever so classy Cd'A mom crew. Tehe, aren't we a one of a kind crew? These ladies are wonderful!


 As for Thursday? I left work in a rush to meet my husband and sweet pea at urgent care. Thankfully, she's just fine. And to make everything better, my first Spring babe joined us! How cute is she?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...