The food is great! If you’re into pasta…I loved it. Seafood spaghetti and the penne pasta’s were my favorites. Bruschetta was also one of my favorites while we there, aged bread with tomato and oil on top. It’s delightful with a dash of salt.
I mixed it up and had chicken one day for lunch. It was delicious but very strongly seasoned. The kinda thing you could eat every now and then but not all the time. Mmm
And for dinner one night we had clams, mussels, sauteed spinach and red snapper. That was also fabulous. The seafood was especially good!
I don't know how I feel about the wine. I only had a few sips even though the waiters served it at EVERY meal. I obviously had to try Italian vino but I think it's really an acquired taste...maybe one I will have some day. At one restaurant they served me wine, champagne and a lemon flavored liquor as just part of the dinner, as if it were complimentary bread.
I love, loved our hotel, Hotel Majestic. I guess staying at a 5 star makes a difference, Sylvester Stallone and other movie stars frequented that hotel especially during the cinema era in the 50’s and 60’s. Its history, appearance, and service were so impressive. They also had a gym, unfortunately I never saw it since I was pooped every night we got back.
The very cool thing about sightseeing in Rome is that you can walk everywhere! And if you don't, you'll surely miss out. The city is actually relatively small/compact and when you walk to destinations you don't miss seeing statues and fountains in the center of the many plaza's. The museums are fabulous, the history is truly incredible. I thought it was a little packed but my Aunt said this was great. She said during the summer you can hardly move anywhere, yuck.
The shopping was fun! Italy specializes in undergarments and leather products. They're also big into fashion and shoes, there are several Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi and Chanel stores through out the city. I bought Italian made underwear, obviously....what girl couldn't in Italy! And then a scarf, bracelet and ring for myself. I shopped for other people too, but no spoilers hehe!
Over all the trip was fabulous! I loved every minute, even the rainy ones. And yes it did rain but it was also sunny and warm. Kyle is already talking about going and I'm thinking I'd go back for sure, but I'd probably rather go to Florence or Venice. Not that Rome isn't fun because it is! But I think once you've seen it all, you've really seen it all. And we saw it ALL.
Tomorrow I'm spending the day in California relaxing in warmer weather before heading back to Pullman. Kyle planned his flight to get into the airport on Saturday when mine does. This was the most perfect break for me. I was getting so overwhelmed with school, work and baby mama drama. By the way, custody is finally finished! After helping Kyle work on what we wanted, even some of it from Rome....so much for vacation right? But really, I'm so relieved.
I'm so happy to be coming home after such a wonderful vacation. I feel so refreshed and peaceful for the first time in months! I'm meeting my man at the airport and then heading back to Pullman for a weekend with just us before the rest of the Cougar Baseball team gets back. And on top of that, ALL of the legalities are finally accomplished. I feel incredible. We feel incredible! We can do anything.
Thank you for the much needed vacation Auntie Di and Roma!









No comments:
Post a Comment