Saturday, June 30, 2012

10 Games In

As of this morning we're 10 games into the season - whoooohooo!! Still over 60 games left!


On the evening of the ninth games, Kyle hit his first professional home run. To clarify why this is such a huge deal, Kyle did not hit a homer in his four years with the Cougs. He's more of a wood bat guy. He's been itching since last summer with the Gulls to have an opprotunity to play in the big leagues, just for those wooden bats! I haven't heard him so excited since the day he was picked by the Angels! What lady doesn't dream of answering the phone and hearing, "I hit a homer for you!" He had called me the evening before saying, "Babe, I ALMOST hit a homer tonight. It bounced off the top of the wall!" I would wager my next pay check that this won't be the last one of the season! SO proud of him.

He was pulled out of a game a few nights ago when the right fielder collided with him. I don't think a day will come when I'll get over this whole colliding thing, my heart stops beating for a moment every time. The coach benched him with an ice pack, saying he needed to rest up and that he'd be out the rest of the week. After he was hit, he was rapid fire texting me from the bench saying how mad he was to be sitting there. The next day he felt fine and took the center field start again, much to both of ours, and my phones', relief.

Kyle was leading the team with his batting average until last night .333, after a tough game last night he's now he's at .294. He's started every night this past week, mostly in center field but occasionally in right. He's really proving himself as a diverse player. All in all, this has been a great week in the pros for my hard working man!

In other news, I've booked my plane tickets to Orem, Utah! I'll be going down for a weekend in August to watch Kyle play on his home field. I will also be attending the games in Missoula and Helena. My new job is fantastic and my boss has allowed me to take what ever I need off to make Kyle's games.



Kyle running home in a game at Orem last week. I've fortunately made my way in with the folks who take photographs at the field so I'll try and keep the pictures coming! Missoula is only two weeks away, and I can not wait!



1 comment:

  1. My sister lives in Missoula and I was out there this winter. What a great town. If I didn't love the ocean so much, I'd move there. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...