Kyle and I have made some weight goals this summer, and we're continuing them into fall. I'm trying to lose a few, he's trying to gain a few and we're both hoping to accomplish this through healthy eating and lots of working out. The issue I have is snacking, when I get the urge I NEED food. Usually the house is stocked with healthy snacks, but when Kyle's home not soooo much. I usually indulge in something not so good for me or filling in attempt to hold me over to my next meal. Case and point, these little protein filled energy bites are healthy AND delicious! I'm in love.
Recipe:
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet but I'm sure butterscotch, white chocolate, etc. would be great!)
- Substituting Agave for the honey (I'll try this next time)
- Adding dried fruit/nuts
Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl (yea it take a little elbow grease!)
Chill in the fridge for an hour.
Roll into balls.
So delish - and the flax makes them filling! They're the perfect pick me up before the gym or snack before dinner.
Is that picture real - you bought honey from the grocery store?!
ReplyDeleteIt sure is! I couldn't find any of the farm honey :/ I have a feeling it met the same demise as the Apple Butter you made ;)
ReplyDeleteAh.. well good thing you are coming home; you can restock. Good year for honey!
ReplyDelete