Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day Twenty-Eight

Today, Adelyn finished her speech therapy, fine motor skills therapy and physical therapy. I should repeat that, I should yell it and shout it from the roof top, because it's absolutely incredible. It's been four months since her surgery and she's done better than we could have dreamed. Each step of this process was so indescribably difficult, so many tears were shed along the way. There were moments where it felt as though my heart had stopped beating, that I might shrivel up and cease to function. But I still had a smile plastered on my face each minute we were in the hospital, each time she tried to take a step, and every time I watched her face fill with the frustration. But she's been so strong, stronger than anyone I know. There's no doubt in my mind that she's a Johnson. I'm so grateful that she's made such an impressive recovery, I'm so glad that we've been a strong family through this. Not only did this make our sweet girl stronger, but it made us stronger too. I'll spend the rest of today just reveling in His miracles.


The cyst that was on the back of Adelyn's brain.

 

In ICU after surgery, on respirators.


 Soon after removing the respirators


 

 After being removed from sedatives and beginning to feel better





 Learning to walk again


After she started eating our home made spaghetti, hehe!


Big first steps with out a walker


 The night before she was released from the hospital


A recent photo of our family, rockin' out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...