Friday, November 2, 2012

Day Two

Running Mama

I was really dragging my feet this morning, possibly because we had our hands full with this crazy monkey yesterday...



Or that I stayed out a little late for dinner and appetizers with the girls. Or that I stayed up too late snuggling and watching reruns with my fiance....or maybe just because it's finally Friday!

Thankfully, I wasn't too tired to run. Actually I was, but I didn't use that as an excuse. I'm finally back to running again since my car accident 15 months ago. I've always heard people complain of back pain, but boy you really have no idea until you deal with it yourself. I suppose everyone handles it differently, but I mentally slap myself every time I used it as an excuse not to do something. I recently decided I wouldn't let infamous back issues run my life. As soon as I started powering through work outs and runs, it got better. Kyle and I even ran a 5k last weekend! Today I ran another 3 miles on my lunch break and registered for an upcoming 5k.



A few sights from my run today, I'm so lucky to have a nice trail right by my work, it runs through River Front park and the Gonzaga campus. It was a beautiful day and I would have taken some more pictures but I was thinking that if I stop too much it's not really a run anymore, haha.





To top off the day we celebrated our wonderful friend Alex's birthday with his so generous family. We had a blast, and his adorable little cousins made the cool baseball cakes. 

PS: I know I'm way too into photos, promise I'll try and knock it down to one a day. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...