Monday, April 29, 2013

Day One Hundred and Seventy Nine

Cycling Chica



I woke up bright and early this morning and rejoiced my new found love in Twitter. I've always used it to follow our friends minor league accomplishments and the Cougar baseball team. I've rarely used it for updates in the past, I've always taunted my twitting friends, hehe! But that's all about to change. Kyle, now thoroughly fed up with Facebook, has turned to Twitter as most of the other Angels players have. I re-introduced myself to Twitter last night and giggled way too hysterically at the Bee's creative new hash tag #RunKyleRun. (My mother called me today to ask what this hash tag business was about. She is really so social media savvy, I love her. She simply asked "Does this hashtag "RunKyleRun" link everything about Kyle on Twitter in one place?" "Theoretically it should mom, but it's still 'trending,' so not everyone knows about it yet. If people catch onto it, it could work." "Okay, well if I were to get a Twitter could I follow that and Kyle?" "You sure could, I fancy Twitter for baseball news because it's only brief updates." "Right, that makes sense. I'm going to sign up for a Twitter account tonight." How awesome is she?! She turned half a century old a week ago, I would say her hashtag knowledge is very impressive.)

Anyway, back to rejoicing this morning about Twitter. When I opened my laptop AngelsWin had posted this article on Twitter: 


Cool right? Obviously not the official Angels prospect list, but I like knowing we're on the radar.  (Hint: really like). PS: Kyle is no longer the national leader in stolen bases, a high A player for the White Sox claimed his 20th bag tonight, holy smokes!)


Today I did my first ever "Spinning and Abs," class. It was also the first class that I can recall that had more men than women. I should have taken the hint then. After 40 minutes of 'spinning,' more commonly known as torture, I almost died doing 20 minutes of abs. It was much needed though. I totally thought my cute instructor was kidding when she took me aside to tell me "your bum will hurt from that. Really hurt, but it's normal." This has got to be an initiation right of sorts, because my bum DOES hurt. How do people do this on a regular basis?! Apparently it's supposed to get easier, which is obviously my only incentive to go back at this point...besides the hot tub. 

The highlight of my day? (Well, besides Kyle taking the team lead in doubles and firmly holding onto being the sixth strongest batter in the Midwest League after today's game). I found a slushy machine, and enjoyed a refreshing cup of cherry icey juice. The temperature today was 85 degrees; it was so nastily sticky that I couldn't survive with out a slushy. I even went to two gas stations before finding the sweet treat. One had a broken machine and the other served only StrawberryKiwi flavor, both of which should be a crime. I'm not sure I'm ready for this moist and tacky heat, it's nothing like I've ever felt. Any recommendations for staying cool during baseball games would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...