iPhone Puzzle
Kyle broke his iPhone screen on the last road trip. After researching our options we decided to just buy the new screen and replace it ourselves for $25 versus the $100 plus to take it to a specialist. My Dad taught me how to build computers when I was eight or nine, how different could an iPhone be? Kyle was sold after seeing the immense number of self guiding YouTube videos. We were confident we could definitely pull this off ourselves. Wrong. I've never seen an iPhone so degraded, after almost two hours we had the entire phone in pieces. We began the tedious reconstruction after replacing the screen. Twenty minutes later we realized we forgot to take the home button off of the old screen and put it on the new one! Kyle decide he could live with out the one button the iPhone offers and we continued on. When we finally put the last screw in, almost four hours later, the phone would only turn on when plugged into the wall. We only left out two pieces we couldn't find homes for, sheesh, finicky little things! We went to the Verizon store and discovered a new phone would be $650, holy smokes! I was not happy with that idea, especially since I've been considering getting a nice scooter here for less than that! On a desperate whim I googled iPhone repair in Burlington and a number came up. I called it and a boy answered. He said to bring him the phone, he'd fix it for free if we have him baseball tickets every "once in awhile." Sold. This baby genius ripped the phone apart, and put it back together in less than two hours (with the two pieces we forgot). He even complimented our work saying it was the best fix job he's seen and that we just forgot to connect the battery cable to the remainder of the phone. Dang it! Hug your iPhone tonight!

No comments:
Post a Comment