Mother's Day
Today was just incredible, it was my third Mother's Day while I've been with Kyle and Addie. (Now that is just crazy!) Every year on this holiday I don't hold my breath, because I didn't birth Addie. But over the years I have learned (with a little experience and constant reminding) that birthing someone isn't the only qualification for motherhood. Things like feeding your child, giving them a high five and a hug for peeing in the toilet, bathing them, rocking them to sleep, letting them wipe their boogies on your shirt, kissing their owies, listening to their every word, attending their school events, making them their favorite food, holding them when they're sick, teaching them new things, sharing your pillow and bed with them, not cursing at them for spilling red paint on the white carpet, throwing a "I don't care if anyone sees me," dance party with them, reading the same book over and over, watching their eyes light up when they see you, loving them unconditionally, those are the things that make someone a mom. And true to the constant reminding, those things and more, make me a mom. Thank you everyone for your positive and encouraging words today, it truly was so special to receive your acknowledgement. I'm definitely posting several sweet messages to refer back to when I happen across a tough day in the momma life. It was hard not having Kyle here today, but his host family took me out for a Mother's Day dinner (they are so sweet), and the Bee's won their game 8-3!! All in the name of the game! I would like to wish a very happy Mother's Day to my amazing mama and all the mamas around the world!




No comments:
Post a Comment