So the news from yesterday was finally announced by the Angels. I guess it's bad taste for me to blog about it before they create their own "press release." Lame! Anyways, Kyle was the recipient of one of the Minor League Player of the Month awards along with two other players in the entire club. Yes, the entire club!! This was such exciting news for us, it means the Big League club has their eyes on Kyle and that he's performing up to their standards. I am so very proud of his hard work!
I was up at 3 am this morning when Kyle shook me awake. He was curled over in pain and told me, in my groggy state, that he needed my help right away. I already knew I didn't like the sounds of this situation. After the game yesterday his hammys were very tight, and during the night his left hammy tightened to the point that it pulled his knee cap up his leg. I kid you not. I had to slide the sucker back down and pop it into place. I almost threw up.
I didn't wake up again until 9 o'clock and by that time Kyle had driven to the field and boarded the bus for Wisconsin. The Timber Rattler's field is about seven hours from here, and in a moment of pure genius I had discovered the Angels were playing the White Sox in Chicago today. US Cellular Field is in Chicago and much closer than chilly Wisconsin. So one of the other girls and I loaded up her cutesy little Jeep Patriot and drove to Chicago to see our Big League team in action. It was awesome. The last pro game I went to was about two years ago, when Kyle and I were still doing the baseball gig in college with the Pac-12. The plays, pitches and batting seemed unreal to me at that time. Today, I realized how much Kyle's game has progressed and how he could truly compete at this level now. He's obviously no Mike Trout but the progress in his game in the past few years in unbelievable. It was incredibly awe inspiring. I enjoyed a ball park dog, hot cocoa (the Windy City held true to her name) and curly fries while watching the Angels beat the White Sox. Our seat were prime time, right behind home plate and close to the Angel's dug out. We cheered our hearts out, much to the disgust of neighboring Sox fans, and talked Angels baseball with the wonderful folks next to us. (It's always fun to explain the Minor League process to die hard fans who previously had no idea what so ever.) I left absolutely satisfied after seeing Trout hit a homer and seeing the Angels snag a much needed win.

No comments:
Post a Comment