Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day Two Hundred and One

Off Day

Off days are my favorite days. The bummer is off  days rarely come around, there is about one a month. This particular off day was extra special because it was exactly four months from our wedding date. Being here for a day like this was really exciting for me. The main reason Kyle pushed so hard for me to come with him this season was to spend more time together, "alone, just us, engaged, happy, rejuvenated, focused on our future." I loved that. I loved those words the second he said them two months ago. I love that this is our new chapter. And today couldn't have been an any more special part of this journey.


First things first, Kyle really needed a hair cut today. Repeat, really needed a haircut. Fortunately the salon that I'm going to work at had an opening, and Kyle got an upscale cut for a family price. Hellooooo before and after.


We then headed to the Pizzaz bowling alley to catch up with the three other couples in town. The other couples were running late, which tends to happen on off days, so Kyle suggested we eat at the delicious restaurant next door. After deliberating the many choices and ordering our favorites, Kyle presented me with the sweetest and most thoughtful gift I've seen. He gave me a silver ring with Adelyn's name printed across the center, the perfect reminder for while we're away and missing her so.


Afterwards we went bowling at King Pins, the only bowling alley I have ever been to with huge flat screen TV's and couches instead of rotating plastic chairs. I must have disgraced the whole fancy place with my terrible bowling technique, but I sure love to try and beat Kyle! One of these days.
 

We wandered back to the cafe with our friends to enjoy happy hour and chat. Shortly after Kyle and I went to the movie theater to watch The Great Gatsby, inspired by one of the four book's Kyle has read in his life. And the only book he has read that I have not! So I was in for a treat, and even though I hate going to movies, this one wasn't as bad as the critics suggested. Afterwards we went to the Broadway for dinner, where Kyle ate the hugest tacos we've ever seen in our lives. No joke.


After filling our tummies with ever so naughty eats, we headed home for some intense Skipbo competitions on a blanket in the front yard, and Pina Colada cake from our host family! Num! These are the kind of days we didn't get enough of in Coeur d'Alene and I am so thankful that I will be marrying such a devoted, thoughtful and loving man in four short months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...