Friday, May 31, 2013

Day Two Hundred and Ten

Now introducing, my kitchen! In the dark. 

My power, along with half the towns', suddenly cut out in the early afternoon. Unfortunately, I was in the middle of breaking in our Magic Bullet and making Paleo Banana Muffins. Harrrrumph. 


It's the end of May and I've seen more rain today than I saw in the few months I lived in the Seattle area! Fortunately, the tornado watch is over but now flash flood warnings and thunderstorms warnings are on the menu. The thunder here is like nothing I've ever heard before. It cracks so loudly, it literally shakes the walls of our home. The land is so flat that every lightening strike is a brilliant flash that permeates the entire sky. Although I've never seen anything like it in the past, local rumor has it that I'll never experience anything like it anywhere else. I might be pretty happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...