Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day Two Hundred and Nineteen

Bark in the Park


Today was "Bark in the Park" at Community Field! Which means the Humane Society was handing out the most adorable puppies, for free. I'm such a sucker, it's a miracle I walked away from there with out a fur baby. Several of the other baseball girls were in town today, which makes sitting through a double header much more entertaining. I absolutely adore the majority of the ladies I've met here, it's incredible how baseball draws out such strong-willed, independent and surprisingly easy going gals. I guess it makes sense though, you have to be able to handle the road trips, the constant changing schedules, the ups and downs, and have a good time with it while it happens.


On the topic of good times, we Skyped with Addie this evening for the first time since we left. It was tough not being able to see her through the conversation, but it was wonderful to hear her voice; and although the conversation was short lived (she's three and a half, don't forget) it was relieving to finally catch up with her. There's been a lot going on that front recently. Addie's mom wants to move to Moscow, but she can't do so with out Kyle's agreement. Which has equated to a rapid settle of the custody issues in the past week, the same issues that were all slated for court in the fall. We're still negotiating the last pieces before her move this weekend, everything will be finalized before then. I really can't wait for it to be over, and to see our monkey again.

"When you do nothing you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better" - Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...