Something unexpected happened today when Kyle loaded up with his fellow Bee’s on the bus home from agame in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. When the bus pulled out oftown, his manager called him to the front, handed him his cell phone and said, “Takethis, it’s for you.” Bobby Scales, the Angels farm team manager, was on theline and told Kyle he had been traded to the Mets. Bobby simply said that Kyleshould have played in the All Star game this season and that he should behigher up in the organization. He said that there wasn’t much room for movementwithin the Angels now, so he wasn’t getting the recognition he deserves. Thenhe confidently assured Kyle that this was a great move for his career. (Afterall, this was our first trade so Kyle was a little nervous. I’m still a littlenervous) Bobby told Kyle he was giving the Met’s farm team managers Kyle’snumber and to wait for a call. Kyle called me, “Hey babe, I’ve been traded tothe Mets. I’m not sure where we’re going but we’re leaving tomorrow. I gottago, I’m expecting a call, I love you.” Um, okay….bye!! Shortest call ever but I needed to change gears, stat. Mymind started racing a hundred miles a minute.Thank-gosh-I-packed-half-our-things-before-the-all-star-break-oh-my-gosh-I-need-to-cancel-the-Y-membership-I’m-going-to-be-behind-on-work-this-week-I-should-check-in-is-the-car-clean-I-need-to-start-laundry-Kyles-gear-is-in-Cedar-Rapids-WHERE-ARE-WE-GOING?!I packed our clothes and things up, quickly, while calling our families andfriends to let them know what was happening. I finally got the call from Kyle,after he had spoke with the Met’s farm manager, Vic Scott. The final word wasSavannah, Georgia and he was flying in to meet us on Thursday before Kyle’sfirst game as a Met. (Or Sand Gnat, from Bee’s to Sand Gnat’s, oh my!) Wecleaned out Kyle’s Angel’s locker, said our good bye’s to our wonderful comradesand packed the majority of the luggage into the car before heading to bed. We’reso excited to start our next chapter with the New York Mets. For those who are curious, this is absolutely a forward movement in Kyle's career. The Met's traded a AAA pitcher/outfielder for Kyle who has made previous and successful Big League debuts. Meaning our new organization has high hopes and big plans for Kyle. GO METS!!

No comments:
Post a Comment