Well there it went folks. After two fly outs and two walks tonight, Kyle's 17 game hitting streak came to a grand close. I say grand because it's the longest hitting streak of any player in the Florida State League this season. Way to go honey, I'm so proud of all the work you've put into your bat! And speaking of bats, our agent was quick to inform us this streak may very well lead to our first endorsement! If it's a good fit, we may have a steady stream of Kyle's favorite bats...for free! At close to two hundred bucks a pop, a bat endorsement would be a blessing like none other.
In other batty news, seriously, I started cleaning out the car and packing things up for the off season. Confession: some of our belongings haven't seen daylight since Iowa or Idaho. I've tediously sorted our clothing and belongings into "chilly Pacific Northwest wear," "Sunshine state staples," and "Goodwill," piles. Because everyone and their mom knows I no longer need a Burton snowboarding jacket when I'm going to be living in Florida, Vegas or New York in the summer months. The current plan is to leave our summer clothes, my office supplies, and basic kitchen and housing items in the jeep. The jeep is going to be babysat by our dear friends and we'll be back to unload it all into our Spring Training condo early next year. Ready? Break!
PS: Anyone want a bat?

No comments:
Post a Comment