Another day in the baseball wife life. My sweet fiancé called to inform me the Mets gave him a single room this road trip, which means I can stay on the Mets tab too! Plus the hotel this trip is the Riverside Marriot in Bradenton. There really isn't a downside to this situation. (Now if it's a Mets provided room in Lakeland, you'd have to pay ME to stay there.)
So I squeezed in an early Crossfit session, packed my bags, grabbed some snacks and hit the road. The drive was beautiful, I drove from the East coast of Florida to the Gulf coast. A surprisingly short trip of three hours. I arrived early enough to put the wonderful riverside pool and patio to good use. A serious part of wedding planning is having the perfect tab for a strapless gown, of course!
The field, home of the Pirates Spring Training complex, was awesome. Seating was available at every point around the field. The only downside is the fields location in an unsafe part of town. Kyle had a great game, claiming another bag for the lead position with the Mets. Kyle and I put our "sketchy part of town," skills to good use after the game. We were unfortunately locked inside the field and had to jump over the locked gated entrance area. Whoops!

No comments:
Post a Comment