Rehearsal Dinner
It's a little crazy that tonight we practiced our wedding with our friends and family.
My mind and heart were racing all day, and my car engine, as I ran all over town running last minute errands. At the ceremony site, Kyle and I stood in front of twenty five members of our friends and family that gathered for the rehearsal. Kyle thanked everyone and I took charge of introducing each person. Calmness suddenly set in. And as I walked down the aisle with my Dad I realized all those little table decorations, all those save the dates, and all that dress hunting really were irrelevant when it came to the family, friends and love that I saw in front of me as I passed each row of chairs.
We enjoyed a fun barbecue dinner with friends and family after the rehearsal. One of my best friends, I've known him since I was 4, was there. My brother confirmed our greatest hopes, he managed to catch a flight from the base and would be arriving late that evening. When I looked around I saw our closest friends and family laughing and hugging, together. It was a beauty I could never have planned.
From Kendall:


No comments:
Post a Comment