Seriously a hurry, my husband demanded we rise at 5:45 an in order to arrive "on time." As the miles and hours passed I realized we would be arriving around 3 pm which was wonderful, but seemed much earlier than planned. I didn't think much about it, and totally forgot any thoughts about schedules when we saw the Grand Canyon for the first time. It was truly breath taking, and awe-some. And then Kyle was moving us along for "something special before 4." The something special turned out to be a surprise helicopter tour through the inside of the canyon! My husband isn't afraid of much, but heights is a reeeeal soft spot. It's a prominent difference in our relationship, I remember promising my dad we'd sky dive together some day when I was about 10 years old. (My brother is in the airborne unit of the Army, while he trains for special forces. I guess you could say adrenaline junky-ness runs in my family). So I was amazed, impressed and totally smitten. Our pilot was awesome and after Kyle and I were carefully arranged to balance all of our weight in the small 'copter, we were ready for take off. The view and the trip was incredible and Kyle handled it well. He even said he wasn't scared at all. His cold, sweaty hands may have told me otherwise. I just love him.
Our helicopter.
In the Grand Canyon!





No comments:
Post a Comment