Blessed Birthday Girl
I was determined to get through today with out anyone knowing it was my 24th birthday. Seriously. Today was the first birthday I've woken up on and felt so old; so traveled, so married and so momma'd. Kyle wished me happy birthday before heading off to the field extra early for a 10:35 am game. I was pleased about the early game time on the schedule today because that gave us a whole afternoon of baseball free quality time. Yippy! I intentionally took my time getting to the field today. Last year when I arrived on time to the game, I was surprised to find I was being requested to throw out the first pitch for my birthday. Fun, but never again. I was suspicious when Kyle asked me if I was at the field yet, so I may have driven through the Starbucks drive through twice, on accident, on my way to the game.
After sneaking in and finding my seat, I was immediately surprised with two dozen roses from my husband, delivered to my seat in the stand by his clubbie. Less than five minutes later, my girlfriend Jen showed up with a second surprise bouquet. It wasn't exactly my secret birthday anymore. The early game meant that the stands were jam packed with school children on field trips. Most of them wished me happy birthday...at least once, when they saw me covered in flowers. Thankfully, the literal thousands of kiddos exited in the 6th inning and the stands quieted down to a dull roar.
After the game, Kyle and I grabbed a bite and then headed over to Chucksters, home to the longest mini golf hole on the planet. Seriously. Kyle and I have been on a golfing tear since graduating college, it's something we compete fairly evenly at. (Tennis and baseball are not fair game for friendly and healthy competitions between us. We learned that the hard way.) I can't resist a good executive or mini golf course with this guy!

Here's Kyle making an impressive trick shot. We both birdied the longest mini golf hole on the planet, and we ended up tying scores on the last hole. I thinking a rematch is needed between our too-competitive selves.

After golfing, we enjoyed Italian food, opening presents and watch Greys Anatomy in bed. And a raspberry chocolate cake, my favorite birthday dessert. I spent the day relaxing with my husband, I didn't have to cook a single meal, and my Lulu wardrobe expanded just a bit. Talk about the most perfect birthday ever. Except for maybe all those candles on the cake. Thanks for the love today everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment