Sunday, June 1, 2014

Second Season: Day 108

Say CHEESE!


My birthday present from my Mom, Dad, brother and sister arrived today. I almost had a heart attack. When I opened the gift bag, a Canon Rebel T3i box peeked out at me. Oh. my. gosh. I opened the box to make sure it was really in there, and I seriously almost fainted. I took it out and set it on my new laptop from my office, which also arrived today, and snapped this photo for Kyle. Then I walked away before I suffered from technology over load. Also my hands get all weird and sweaty and my heart started beating way too fast when I look at the camera. It's not safe to touch right now, I'll sleep on it and practice my deep breathing skills, then try again tomorrow.
 

Tom and Sharon, the team chaplain and his wife, invited me out to our weekly dinner. I grabbed my left over chocolate raspberry cake and made my way to their place. We enjoyed a great supper, and chatted for hours as we listened to the game in their backyard. How gorgeous is their home? There's 11 acres of forest full of trails in their backyard, along with a rocking fire pit and pool. Spending time out there is so comforting, like a little piece of home away from home.

The so cool mug that Sharon served me my tea in tonight! They are such a blessing to us!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...