
Sharon, my sweet friend from church and wife to the team chaplain, made me this delicious treat after dinner tonight! On Sundays when the boys are out of town, I usually head over to their quiet home in the woods to enjoy some relaxation, great talks and a home cooked meal. This evening in particular was a much needed relief because I spent a good portion of the day cleaning up our huge house. (I finally understand what my mother meant about big houses being a pain). This morning Kyle texted me to let me know he and Jayce had decided to rent our two empty rooms to two of the new players from Port St. Lucie. Yippy!
While on the topic, have you ever wondered how glamorous minor league baseball housing is? I thought I would take some photos to share while I tidied the empty rooms, washed the sheets and made the beds. Trust me, you don't want to quit reading this post early because I also finally took photos of the gem in our basement. These photos are from the "green," room upstairs.


Glamorous right?! But our landlord is sugar sweet, the house is fully furnished and we can leave when ever we want to or need to with out penalty. This is an absolute blessing in minor league baseball. Seriously. The only remotely unpleasant part of our rental is that there is a tombstone in the basement. Our landlord wasn't exactly forthcoming about William Dewey's stone that simply reads "died." Poor Dewey must have passed on elsewhere and forgotten to bring his finely crafted grave marker. Dewey has been a long running joke between the folks who have lived in this house or visited it. Some players who have resided in the house in the past swear its haunted. I've spent more time in the house now than any of the players who have lived here, and haven't heard a peep from ol' Dewey.


No comments:
Post a Comment