Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Adios July!

My goodness we've been busy, I blinked and it's suddenly August!

So here's a run down on what we've had going on:


The Eastern League All Star game - was awesome! Kyle played very well and the Ghost Hunter games were surprisingly fun! Kyle was selected to catch tennis balls launched into the outfield, a pretty easy charge considering his speed. There were several activities that the players could be selected to participate in. Other festivities for the Ghost Hunter games included a bubble gum blowing contest, mascot dodgeball and a family friendly version of flip cup. It was definitely a different experience, but such a blast. We feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to attend. Below is Kyle signing autographs and a photograph of Kyle catching tennis balls launched into the outfield for the Ghost Hunter competition.




New York City - after the All Star Game I spent a day and a half at home before catching a bus to New York City. (Side note: I like taking the bus!) Kyle's grandmother, cousin, brother and sister in law were visiting the city and invited me to join them. It was a very busy few days, and an amazing first experience in Big Apple.





 Trenton, New Jersey series - After NYC I came home to work for a few days before heading off to the series in Trenton, which is only three hours from Binghamton. I was so excited, many wives and girlfriends also traveled for this road trip because it was so close to home. Plus one of my sweet friends I haven't seen since the end of last baseball season was going to be in town! It was absolutely wonderful to see her! Kyle grandmother and cousin also came to Trenton before flying home after their long trip. We took a morning to travel into Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell. One of Seth's goals it to play basketball and shoot a three in more than three states, so we of course took some time to hoop it up while we were there.







So July was a little hectic...but we wouldn't have it any other way! 


I've come to embrace that the abnormal and unexpected is my normal, it makes each day easier. I plan very little in advance, rely heavily on Craigslist and entirely enjoy a schedule of dysfunction.

What's on the menu for August? We've got play offs, packing, cleaning our rental and fighting the burning desire to know exactly what day we should buy our plane tickets home. (Did I mention I still work full time and babysit?! BRING IT!) At the end of the season we will be driving the car back down to Florida and putting it into storage, before flying home to Coeur d'Alene. The off season is almost here, cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...