Update time.
So you all can stop being mad at me now.
Friday marked one week at my new job. And let me tell you what folks, I'm in love. First and foremost, the biggest of shout outs to my sweet friend Amanda for not only sending me this job opening right away, but for secretly giving a glowing recommendation, and making sure I really weighed my options about traveling or investing in that "once in a life time," job. You my dear, rock my socks! I'm now officially the freshest employee at North Idaho Violence Prevention Center. It's very similar to my work at the YWCA of Spokane and my college position at Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse in Pullman and Moscow. Except....wait for it...I coordinate all of the teen outreach! My new boss is letting me run wild with what that means for NIVPC and I couldn't be more ecstatic to join such a great team! I just returned from a four day Green Dot training in Boise. Yes, Green Dot again! I'm telling you, this job is perfect for me. If you're in the CDA area please join us for our annual fundraiser this Wednesday at 5 pm at Seasons. I'll be there to talk to you more!
Saturday, my brother flew into Spokane and I drove him to Prosser to surprise my parents. He defintely shocked them and there were tears and giggles all around. Today he and my dad killed the Thanksgiving turkey. And yes I'm sharing the picture they sent to Kyle so I hope you have a hunting background or at least a strong stomach.

So obviously Kyle wasn't in Prosser to enjoy the festivities today. He's been in Texas since Thursday doing some extra special training his agent lined up for him. And the results are pretty darn cool! Thank goodness for video shares. He'll be home soon!
And yes, I did say "home," because we finally got settled into our new place! I'm so so grateful that this home opened up right when we started looking. We're back in a spacious three bedroom, three bath with no roommates. Can I get a round of applause on that last bit?! I love our friends but I was meant to be a lone ranger when it comes to housing. My favorite parts of the new hood are the gas fire place, the new carpet, and the fact that my darling wedding gifts are finally in my cupboards after I unpacked them tonight! Thank you all for these gifts, I'm so excited to put then to good use!

And if that wasn't an action packed chapter, I'm not sure what is guys! The Johnson's have been busy bees but we're looking forward to a relaxing holiday. Wishing you and yours the best this Thanksgiving, be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment