We're expecting my brother to come home safely from Iraq. (Prayers appreciated)
We're expecting Adelyn to start kindergarten this fall.
We're expecting to know more about our baseball future.
We're expecting to continue starting new traditions and fostering new happiness in our family.
And we're expecting... little baby Johnson, and we literally can not contain our excitement.
While I was in Puerto Rico in late December, something just wasn't right. I had a particularly violent dream, and I typically never remember my dreams. I became nauseated at the smell of alcoholic beverages, and melted cheese of any nature (yea, I just gagged again). A few other tell tale signs certainly should have alerted me to what was going on, but we started trying for our hopeful "off season," baby in the second week of December right before Kyle left. We didn't exactly anticipate that everything would go so smoothly on the first shot, so now we're expecting a "just a little bit sooner than off season," baby. On New Years eve in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, I peed on a stick, and my husband fell to his knees and kissed my belly while wiping away immensely persistent, yet entirely adorable, happy tears. God is good, so good that He just wanted to get this whole baby thing started right off the bat. I can't fully promise I was feeling it while munching on Dunkin Donuts and downing Sparkling Cider as we rang in the New Year.
So some more awesome details for our far away friends. (PS: Please send your emails if I don't already have them. I'll be making this blog private for the duration of the pregnancy, and after the baby arrives, so that you can be privileged to the really nitty-gritty details that I'm not so pumped about sharing publicly. Aren't you lucky? Hehe.)
I had persistent morning sickness and nausea, hence the reason my entire office was well aware I was pregnant at about six weeks. (Thanks for mostly keeping that under wraps NIVPC crew!) I've been fighting a fatigue I've never experienced before, and experiencing irritation that I get exhausted part way through the day. I guess I suspected that ten hour work days, a high intensity work out, errands and socializing all in one day would be hard to pull off at some point down the road. I've been craving bizarre foods that I typically have no interest in like: pasta-roni, jalapeno or asiago bagels. bacon egg McMuffins (I gag mentally at this one), peanut butter and chocolate things (but not either separately), Jamba Juice, and raspberries, honey dew melon. I've never been a huge bread fan, and I typically hate chocolate, AND I realllllly hate McDonalds.
When Kyle arrived back at home, we went in the very next business day to see the baby on an ultrasound. The heart beat was a strong 169, and there were just a few misty tears. The last several days have been much more comfortable for me, thank gosh because I'll be back in the classrooms on Monday.
And with out further a-do, the photographs!









How exciting!!! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to all the wonderful things happening to y'all!!!
ReplyDelete