Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week Fourteen

Another busy week in the books, and Baby J has been hanging in there for it all! Not just hanging, I think "popping," would be more appropriate. My midwife politely informed me that my uterus is tilted forward, which would explain Kyle's now-not-so-crazy claims that he could feel the baby on my lower left side when he touched my abdomen...my midwife can feel the baby there as well! Baby J is hiding behind a huge blood vessel that's feeding the placenta...but comfortably close to the front of my tummy for us all to check in on. So sweet. I also started seeing my Webster Certified chiropractor this week and oh goodness has it made a world of difference! I used to think chiropractors conducted some kind of evil addictive, juju magic, but I tell you what, Dr. Chelsea has got my back feeling better than ever and has provided me with tools to utilize away from the office to reduce my needs for visits in the future. Even more exciting, two wonderful baseball friends are expecting with in two weeks of me! One hasn't announced yet, my lips are sealed, but the Gorski's finally announced late this week! Whoooo, I can't wait to become so close momma friends with these gals and raise our baseball babes together. 

So first off, the picture from mine and Mrs. Gorksi's bump battle via text message! Seriously, Baby J popped right out...and seriously, I know my bathroom desperately needs some kind of organization, my apologies. 


 I started in on my baby crafting this week. Pictures to come of final products as a I finish them, I picked up the last crucial tool I needed for my crafts this evening....a miter saw! YES!


 Over the weekend, I took the whip to Hippo Car Wash for an amazing deal on a full detail. Thank you Spencer's and staff for always taking such great care of the Johnson family, we sure appreciate you! This car is now clear of all things old baseball sock, rotten cheeseburger, and soiled chocolate milk....this preggo nose couldn't take it a moment longer. 


And in case you were wondering how Kyle is doing, he's excellent. His body feels great, playing in Puerto Rico makes him feel ahead of the curve for "Spring Training warm up season." He played center in his first intersquad game again the big league team, and he was again invited to early STEP training for selected players. Good things for this season, friends. Unfortunately, Kyle did have a migraine today...so say some prayers if you have a free moment.


Doesn't Flordia look so beautiful? Well Coeur d'Alene got some sunshine too!


Most of you know, work has been straight crazy...awesome. This week, I've been focused on our Sexual Assault Awareness Month and National Crime Victims Rights Week events. Which means I've been rewriting Lake City High School's mock rape trial script, tracking down actors and actresses from local city and county prosecution, and creating fake evidence. It's a tough gig, I know. (Seriously, is it legal to get a pay check for this?) Also in the works is a Clothesline Project and Clothesline Project t-shirt decor events for Sexual Assault Awareness month. Today, Amanda (remember how cool she is for demanding that I apply for this position?) did a Domestic Violence 101 presentation for North Idaho College's Gender and Sexuality Alliance Club's Soup and Seminar series this month. Fun and attentive groups make our job very easy! Every other ounce of my free time at the office this week has been spent designing the bystander training curriculum I will be teaching to every class and student at Lakes Magnet Middle School next month, and research curriculum for the personal based power violence survivors group I'll be leading at the juvenile detention center for a newly received grant. (Remind me how it's legal to get paid for this awesome stuff?) Next week we have our annual fundraising and awareness breakfast, where I'll be speaking about Green Dot and it's launch at Lake City this fall! SO much going on - but I totally dig it! I'm looking forward to a quick breather in Florida before I turn around and run to a conference in Sun Valley. Whew, thanks for hanging in through all this nuttiness sweet Baby J! We do have lots of fun together!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...