Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Weeks 15 & 16

Hello dear friends,
My apologies for being behind on our updates. You may already be well aware of what's shaking with sweet Baby J, and Momma, and even Daddy, but just in case, here's the recent scoop. Remember that speech I was giving, at our huge annual fundraising it's-a-big-deal breakfast? Well, I did it. I had major anxiety, as my brain really has been letting me down in the functionality department. But the breakfast raised $20,000 and the Green Dot techniques, demonstrated by Lake City High School's theatre students, was so well received by the audience. Yippy!!

 



And that same day, Kyle made his first televised debut of 2015, playing center, drawing a walk and then scoring a run! Lucky for me, I was at a local middle school for the day and a teacher put the game on the big screen in his classroom for me. So cool, go Kyle!



And then I was off to Florida to enjoy the sunshine, my hubby, and our sweet baby! Thank goodness, I was in desperate need of some sunshine and hubby snuggles.

 


In addition to all the baseball excitement that surrounds me on these trips, I finally got to drive my little speedster again! It had been SIX whole months since her seat had caressed my bum. At least she'll finally be on the West coast again by sometime next week...it's the little things, right? In even more exciting news, we went to have an early gender reveal ultrasound for sweet Baby J at 16 weeks, a few days after I arrived in Florida. The ultrasound tech knew the gender in less than 15 seconds, so we were unsure of what to think about that. The tech showed us Baby J on a large movie theater screen while I laid on a massaging bed, and Dad in a big leather recliner. The tech made extra sure not to show us any of Baby J's private bits, because the girls had something special planned. Although everything was recorded, so I can watch DVD's of little Baby J and their bits now! The tech texted Tori Baby J's gender from my cell phone, then deleted the text, and Tori immediately started planning Baby J's reveal for the following evening. After our ultrasound we met up with the sweet Conley family, how precious is the newest Conley? Her name is Amelia, and she goes by Millie!

 

3D ultrasound photos of Baby J. How crazy is this?! We can literally see Baby J's face well before they're born! Look at those long arms!! I have a feeling we've got a tennis player in the making, hehe!



The next morning, Kyle was called up to the Cardinals game. So Baby J and I hopped in the car and headed to Jupiter to pass the time before the big reveal party that evening. Kyle and I were on pins and needles waiting all day to find out who has been camping out in my belly. 


And now for the big reveal....


Okay, you can scroll down after watching! (No spoilers here!)


















Baby J is a girl! Channing Mae to be exact! Kyle and I picked her name several months ago, Channing because Mommy is kinda obsessed with tom boy names, and Mae after her so awesome great grandmother, my Dad's mom. We were so surprised, but she totally beat the odds of everyone thinking she was a little boy...I can tell she's got some fighter spunk already. She's a strong kicker, and she hangs out right at the front of my belly, I think she's going to be one strong willed little lady. And did I mention her Daddy is absolutely in love with her?! He likes to snuggle her, sing to her, and he even studies for our Bradley Method's class from afar. What a super Dad!



So many thanks to these wonderful folks for helping Channing announce that she's the newest Johnson to join our family. Thank you for your support, kind words, and gifts, you guys always make being away from home so much easier and we appreciate you! After Channing's announcement we were off to dinner with Brandon and Chelsea for Brandon's birthday! (Notable: Kyle had escargo for the first time in his life! Hehe.) Happy birthday Brandon! We love you guys!

 

The day after we learned about Channing, I was headed down to Jupiter to watch Kyle play against the Cardinals again. And perfect timing, because my sweet bestie, Kendall, was packing up for their move to New Orleans (You can read about this from her blog!) As an added bonus, Millie and Auntie Kendall gave Channing a ton of clothes the long and lean Millie outgrew before even using! Thanks so much you two, we sure love you! (PS: This is an assortment of the loot Channing acquired from her baseball family. Including PINK cupcakes! Mommy had to buy a second suitcase to get it all home! Thanks so much friends baseball family.)

 



And we squeeze in Channing's second visit to the beach. Her first was in Puerto Rico, when Mommy realized something was off when her pina colada smelled like rubbing alcohol. Channing is just a wee bit bigger now then she was then!
 

 A few days before leaving, the ladies were able to escape to the park at Tradition for a little picnic. I'm so going to miss you gals, but looking forwarded to seeing you soon!


A final piece of excitement that we were waiting to share on this trip, Kyle was called up on the second to last day of Spring Training at the last minute. I literally flipped a u-y on my way to the minor league fields and sprinted into Tradition to catch his at bat. He pinch hit in the ninth, with a strong single, an advance to second, and then he scored and started an energetic inning where the Met's scored an additional two runs against the Cardinals. Immediately after the game we found out he was being assigned to AAA in Las Vegas this year! We really couldn't believe it, but we feel so blessed! (Dad insists Channing is a good luck charm!) Daddy will be close to us, and should Channing decide to join us early, he's only a two and a half hour flight away from us. Plus he plays in Tacoma, so plan your road trips now sweet friends, this is will be a fun season! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...