Week 33 is officially in the books. As of today, Channing's expected arrival is only 6 weeks away. I can not even believe how fast July flew by. We simply can not wait to meet our sweet little angel! I've been going through her closet and washing her newborn and 0-3 month clothing. How precious is this sweet onesie? Made special from my bestie Kendall's auntie! Thank you so much Kim!
This last week was a busy one at work. I've been floating between our shelter, our office, civil court hearings and today I responded to the hospital for a sexual assault. My pre-preggo self would have taken all of these things in stride, but boy do I get a little tired these days. I've been on call for work for half of the week too, which is a great pay bonus right before Channing's arrival, but it can come with some sleepy eyes in the morning. We also have had a lot of staff out for vacation before the THREE pregnant momma's take their maternity leave, which resulted in myself and one other momma being the only staff in the office on Friday. No worries, we made time for a milkshake run while handling our clients and crisis line. Yeeehaw!
I was in desperate need of a relaxing weekend, so we spent most of our time out at Newman Lake at the Johnson family cabin. (Might I just note here that I'm so pumped that Channing will be hanging out with her grandma and papa at least one day a week at the lake cabin! It's such a cool place to hang. Grandma Jody has moved around her work schedule so that she can watch Channing one of the two days a week I'll be going back to work. Yippppy!) Kyra and Addie picked this lily pad flower for Channing, and put it on my belly for her. Aren't they the sweetest?
In other baby news, we have made some progress on our babe to do list! (I still have lots to tackle though, like to finish making her wooden travel gym, make some cold weather beanies and matching pants, crochet some winter booties, purchase the last minute items like another car seat base, etc.) We finally finished Channing's cloth diaper collection. These are her Grovia and Rumparoo Lil Joey all in ones, which we will be using while she's a newborn. (The photo is missing two Lil Joey chevron prints that my sister picked up for her!) They're handy and go right into the wash after each use, which is why we needed quite a few (ie: 12 for each day I don't want to do laundry). I'm interested to see how cloth goes, they've been a bit of an investment upfront (about $10 for each of the newborns) but they also resell on cloth diaper swap groups for the same amount because they're used for such a short period of time. So really you could cloth diaper your kid for close to nothing, as long as you were willing to take good care of the diapers and resell them after several months. We'll have to decide if we want to keep these dipes for the next Johnson baby, which is why these are mostly gender neutral, or if we want to sell them and re-purchase new ones down the road. Next week, I'll post a photo of her cloth diapers that we'll be using after she outgrows newborns (12 lbs), I know many of you have been super interested in this so I promise to keep you posted.
The second big baby gear update of the week, Kyle made his splurge choice! When we found out about Miss Channing we agreed to do minimal baby living to make baseball travel easier and to just avoid owning a ton of useless crap. (For example, we don't have a crib. Seriously. We have a co-sleeper in our room, a bassinet on the couch downstairs that can travel when she's being watched by family, and a collapsible travel bassinet for baseball, but we don't need a crib in her room since we'll be co-sleeping. When baseball rolls around, we'll purchase a travel crib, but she'll probably never rest her head in a wooden crib! We also don't have a changing table. How could I pack that in my carry on? I might as well get over it now!) However, we also agreed that each of us could pick one splurge item for her. I picked the BOB stroller, about 8 days after we discovered I was pregnant. Kyle patiently waited to make his selection and this week, 8 months after we found out I was pregnant, I picked up the 4Moms Mamaroo at his request, or as he proudly calls it, "the space ship!" I have to admit, he made an excellent choice!
In baseball news this week, Kyle flew out Monday morning to Florida to start his rehab assignment. So far, everything looks really good. We're so hoping he can heal up and get some exposure before the end of the season, so prayers for full healing are so appreciated.
Speaking of healing, shout out to our Earth side kid who is three years healthy this week after an emergency craniotomy in 2012. Your strength and perseverance blow my mind every day, we are so blessed to be parents to you!






No comments:
Post a Comment