Our little Channing is a whopping 38 weeks today! Can you believe it? Because I sure can't! Here's our little beluga as of today. She's the size of a pumpkin! The midwives think she'll weigh just under or about eight pounds when it's her time to join us in two weeks. Ohhh and she's a wee bit posterior. So I have some fun exercises to be doing from Spinning Babies to try and rotate her just a bit. Hopefully we see some change by early next week, the midwives insist that I not worry though because this is pretty normal for active and athletic moms! Dad Facetimed us for our appointment this week, and asked lots of questions about when we would know for sure about Channing's arrival. The midwife is guessing September 16th. Kyle is guessing the 13th. I'm just hoping for post season and keeping my feet up at night!

Behold, chicken pot pie and North Idaho's crisis hotline. Channing and I have been extra loving to our coworkers this week who will be covering our typical work load for 10-12 weeks while we're out. And then a continuation of our work load when I reduce my schedule to part time? So we stepped up to the plate and offered to do lots of extra work on the hotline, at our shelter and for sexual assault response this week. So while we manned the hotline, we prepared Dad's favorite freezer meals! Homemade chicken pot pies! And then we'll be making another four this weekend. In combination with the meals my mom prepped, and the paleo meals Kyle's grandmother and aunt are having the Salted Chef prepare for us, I think we should be good! (Although you know I'll never turn down brownie donations!)
The rest of the evenings this week have been dedicated to running random errands and addressing the last odds and ends around the house. Like compulsively scrubbing the trim in every room in the house, adjusting the hot water tank temperature and hauling off bags of clothing and home goods. Nesting is such a strange phenomena! I also ordered the last of odds and ends, for reals this time. A drying device for the cloth diapers, the BOB adapter for the Peg Perego car seat, glass Dr. Brown's bottles (just in case, we're still planning to breastfeed), and the ingredients for DIY cloth wipes. Yea, yea, we're going to give it a shot!
This week also marked the start of turning down photo shoots. Two this week. Sigh. I'm so bummed to pass on any sessions but I just can't move around like I used to. On the bright side we had a really exciting meeting at work today about the Green Dot launch at Lake City. I'm so pumped my friend Amanda is filling in for me while I'm out of the office. She's the perfect fit! The coalition offered our agency another small grant for Green Dot expenses, and we might have a larger commitment for the CDA school district solidifying tomorrow. Prayers up, it could be a wonderful opportunity!
Dad's getting his whip back. He had a great night at the plate tonight, his rhythm and timing are finally settling back in, and most importantly his arm still feels great! This season really took an unexpected turn with his injury, but Kyle has no pain now which wasn't a guarantee when he went in for surgery. We're so confident in a greater plan here. I can't wait to see what doors open for Kyle in the next year. And thankfully we're investing in another rocking baby carrier so we can always be on the move with him for this wonderful adventure!
(That's the very last thing we need to purchase this week. Well....maybe.)



No comments:
Post a Comment