Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Roma - Giorno Tre

 My legs are so tired. So much for working out. These Roman's must have had calf muscles that put Pullman calves to shame. We had another incredibly filling breakfast at the hotel. Then we started out towards the Colosseum. And somehow we got a little misplaced.

Street across from the Forum
Statue on the way to the Forum
Circus Maximus
Circus Maximus held up to 300,000 spectators. The picture is a little awkward but the field was designed to accommodate Chariot racing!

We finally reach the Forum. I was surprised about how many couples I saw traveling with babies and toddlers. I already decided that will not be me, and I made that clear to my man too, hah! I saw a few preggos walking about as well. I was tired as is, I couldn't imagine walking Rome for two! Anyways, these are all in the Forum

Arch of Titus
Basilica of Constantine and Maxientius are the 3 arches
Mosaic floor in Livia's home - Wife of Augustus
Water fountain - crucial to my happiness
After wandering all over the Forum and seeing ancient housing, homes of Royalty like Augustus and Livia, and the arches we crossed the road to the Colesseum.

Arch of Saturn
Right between the Forum and the Colesseum!

Inside the Colesseum
Lower
The Colesseum and myself
After the Colesseum we grabbed a quick bite before heading back across town to the Pantheon.
Ceiling of the Pantheon
Raphaels tomb inside the Pantheon
We grabbed Gelato, the best in town!

Took ages to find this noted gelatario

After the Gelato we did a little shopping. Everything is sized differently here so it was a bit of a struggle. Plus Italy's famous lingerie seems to be most popular in A and B cups, how unfortunate. I was trying to explain to a clerk 34 D and it was not quite registering right. The inches are broken down to centimeters than categorized as 1,2,3,4 or 5 size. The clothing comes in numbered sizes like 34, 36, 38. Anyway, didn't quite get everything I wanted but I did get enough! Today was warm, like 70 degree's warm. I sun burnt even, so fitting of Spring Break. Tomorrow is our last full day and we're looking at doing the hop on, hop off busses. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...