
Sunday, March 30, 2014
Second Season: Day 47
We're going to AA in Binghamton, New York. After making hesitant calls to land lords for the last three days, I called and finalized the details for an older home when we get there. But furnished! We've never had a furnished home before; but as we're passing loaded down U-Haul's I'm already deciding it's a blessed luxury. I finished packing the car this morning after dropping Kyle off for his last practice at Spring Training. At 11:30 am we were off, part of the caravan of guys and fiancés/wives blazing the twenty hour trail to Binghamton. The Mets are truly a family based organization, and we're grateful for the easy accommodations they make for traveling couples. They even gave me a housing list of the best homes for us to rent if we traveled with kids. (Not helping my baby fever, but so cool!) Family priorities are second nature to them, and I could get used to that. We logged ten hours today before turning into Charlotte, North Carolina for the night. We're finally in fresh country, we missed this gorgeous corner of the United States after the trade. Unfortunately the only photo I took today was of the Oakley truck at the field. Kyle looked like a five year old on Christmas morning!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment